Client: Scottish Widows
Location: Central London
Conservation of Grade II* Russell House, 1716, town mansion of First Lord of the Admiralty by Thomas Archer. The oldest surviving in Covent Garden Piazza, it had suffered removal of the entire ground floor and cosmetic ‘restoration’ in the 1970s. Jack Warshaw created a Conservation Plan and led the project through major reinstatements, cleaning 30 layers of paint, stone repair, mending disfigurement, and new interiors.